Noida: Students take pledge to protect girls
The Consortium of Autonomous Institutions Assn said it will also write to the University to rusticate students who indulged in sexual harassment.
Noida: In the backdrop of recent rape cases in Delhi and Noida, a group of students of Amity Law School on Tuesday took pledge to help victims of road accidents, sexual or domestic violence and protect girls in distress. "We have asked the colleges to take affidavit from male students that they will treat the girl students with grace and not indulge in eve teasing or harassment within or outside the campus area," Consortium of Autonomous Institutions Association president DK Garg said.
"We are also writing to the University to amend rules and allow colleges to rusticate students found indulging in any kind of crime against the women including harassment by gesture, physical harassment, obscene remarks, molestation attempt," he said.
"Colleges are also appealed to give self-defence training to the girl students. In about 70 colleges of Noida and Greater Noida over one lakh female students are studying," Garg said.
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Police Targeting DMK Cadres Over Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health: Stalin
- Farooq Calls Meeting of Opposition to Discuss Kashmir Issue
- Amitabh Bachchan Celebrates His Birthday With the Team of Pink
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18