Noida: Woman stabbed 27 times, husband questioned by police
Police suspect husband's involvement as there were several contradictions in his statement and injury on his body was minor.
Noida: A woman was stabbed 27 times allegedly by robbers near Mahamaya flyover at Sector 44 area in Noida. However, police have detained her husband suspecting his role in the Thursday night attack. S Yadav, a Sarafabad resident, told police that he was returning from Delhi with wife Bharti on Thursday night and had parked his car after crossing Mahamaya flyover near Sector 44 to ease himself.
According to Yadav, two unknown persons tried to rob his wife and attacked them. When he resisted they fled away without committing the crime, he told police. Bharti, who suffered at least 27 stab injuries, was rushed to Kailash Hospital. Doctors at the hospital said her condition was critical till late evening on Friday. But, Bharti's parents told the police that it was a murder attempt by her husband.
"Her husband was detained for questioning. He will be arrested on attempt to murder charge once police receive a written complaint against him," said a police officer. The couple were undergoing strained relationship, the family claimed. Police suspect Yadav's involvement as there were several contradictions in his statement and injury on his body was minor, though his wife suffered deep stab wounds.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her