Nokia Windows RT tablet to come with a battery-equipped keyboard cover: Report
Nokia has packed a battery into the cover, which can be used to power the tablet when it runs low on energy, said the report.
New Delhi: Rumours are rife that Nokia is working on a 10-inch Windows 8 RT tablet that is expected to be unveiled at the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, during February 25-28.
And now according to a new report from The Verge, the tablet will come with a battery-equipped cover. The company is said to release a special cover for the tablet that enwraps it like a book.
The reports further states, the cover will provide a keyboard and a kickstand for the tablet, adding, "Nokia has built a battery into the cover that can be used to power the tablet once it runs low on energy."
The Nokia tablet will have HDMI and USB ports and a 10.1-inch display - similar to Microsoft's Surface RT screen. The tablet is also speculated to include cellular connectivity, said the report.
Nokia is planning to build a small number of the tablets initially, said the report. However, Nokia refused to comment on speculations and rumours.
The rumour mill started churning out rumours about the Nokia tablet earlier this year. In March, DigiTimes had reported, "Nokia is expected to outsource production of the 10-inch tablets to Compal Electronics with the first batch of shipments to top 200,000 units." However, the launch has not taken place yet; Nokia reportedly delayed its plans following Microsoft's Surface announcement.
Also, Nokia design chief Marko Ahtisaari had said in an interview with Finnish magazine Kauppalehti Optio that he was spending a third of his time on creating a tablet for the cellphone maker, which would stand out among hundreds of iPad-challengers. "We are working on it," he was quoted as saying.
According to DigiTimes, "as the sales performance for Windows RT tablets has so far been short of expectations, Nokia is evaluating ordered volumes and has not yet decided on its marketing plans, the sources indicated."
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18