Non-bailable charge on don
The police have registered a case against six persons, including IIT-M Professor Maiya and five security guards of the institution, for assaulting Express photographer Albin Mathew.
The police have registered a case against six persons, including IIT-M Professor Maiya and five security guards of the institution, for assaulting Express photographer Albin Mathew. Both Mathew and Maiya were summoned to the Kotturpuram Police Station on Wednesday evening.
After preliminary probe, a case was registered under Sec 147 (punishment for rioting), 341 (wrongful restraint), 342 (wrongful confinement) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), and 506 (ii) (threat to cause death) (non-bailable), against Maiya and the securitymen. Commissioner of Police JK Tripathy later met around 200 journalists from several media houses and heard them. Albin lodged another complaint seeking action against IIT-M Dean (students) LS Ganesh on charges of criminal intimidation for threatening him with dire consequences in the presence of JCP (East) S N Seshasai.
Meanwhile, it is learnt that the IIT-M has come up with a complaint without naming Albin. A case was registered under Sec 341, 323, and 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and Section 4 of the Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Women Harassment Act.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines