Non-tuition fees in schools
Paying tuition fees is just one of the expenses of sending a child to school.
The past couple of months have seen protests by the parents of schoolchildren in cities as varied as Delhi and Ranchi, Mumbai and Jamshedpur. And this is not the first time that hikes in school fees at the beginning of the academic year have been followed by protests and petitions from parents. Paying tuition fees is just one of the expenses of sending a child to school. Schools often charge for bus services, apart from essentials like books and stationery and uniforms.
We did a dipstick survey of schools in Mumbai and Bangalore to see what the increase in non-tuition fees has been in the past year. While the actual figures can vary on the services and essentials provided by the school, the average increase in fees has been between 10 and 15 per cent.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology