DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
North Korea's Kae wins gold in women's 52kg judo
The 20-year-old An defeated Acosta Bermoy of Cuba in the final.
London: An Kae Um won North Korea's first Olympic gold medal at London Games on Sunday in the women's judo 52-kilogram category.
The 20-year-old An defeated Acosta Bermoy of Cuba in the final in a match that went into overtime. An won in the final minutes with a decisive throw that landed Bermoy on her back.
An won silver at the Beijing Games four years ago. Earlier in the day, An knocked out top-seeded Misato Nakamura in the second round.
The bronze medals were won by Italy's Rosalba Forciniti and France's Priscilla Gneto.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish