Northern Grid completely restored: PowerGrid Corp
Power supply in Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, UP, Himachal and Rajasthan was severely affected as the grid failed at about 2:30 am.
New Delhi: PowerGrid Corp CMD RN Nayak on Monday evening said that the Northern Grid, which collapsed early morning, has been completely restored. The Northern Grid, which caters to power supply in nine states and Union Territories - Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Chandigarh - collapsed at 2.35 am on Monday.
"We have completely restored the Northern Grid," said Nayak.
Services of about 300 trains, including premier ones like Rajdhani, Shatbadi and Duronto, were also affected due to collapse of the Northern grid, causing inconvenience to passengers.
Rajdhani trains coming from Bhubaneswar, Howrah, Sealdah, Mumbai and Ranchi were delayed by more than four hours due to the power problem, said a senior Northern Railway official. The power failure has affected the train movement in seven divisions - Delhi, Ambala, Agra, Jhansi, Allahabad, Moradabad and Kota.
Delhi government on Monday accused Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab of overdrawing power from the Northern Grid which led to its collapse triggering severe power cuts in the national capital besides long outages in most parts of North India.
Delhi Power Minister Harun Yusuf, quoting official figures, said Uttar Pradesh was overdrawing 900 MW of power more than the allotted quantity from the grid at 2 am while overdrawal by Haryana and Punjab was 580 MW and 500 MW respectively.
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- BSF Says 7 Pakistani Rangers, Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border, Pak Denies
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18