DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Not enough proof against Hafiz Saeed: Rehman Malik
The Pakistan Interior Minister said the matter had been taken right up to the Supreme Court but evidence was required to prosecute him.
Islamabad: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Thursday said his country was "still waiting" for sufficient evidence against LeT founder Hafiz Saeed in the Mumbai attack case, despite India's repeated insistence that enough corroboration was provided to it.
Malik said the matter had been taken right up to the Supreme Court but evidence was required to prosecute him.
India, which terms Saeed as one of the masterminds of the Mumbai attack, says it has provided Pakistan enough evidence to prove the Jamat-ud-Dawah chief's involvement in 26/11.
"Regarding Hafiz Saeed, we are still waiting for evidences. They aren't given to us. The moment evidence comes I assure you, we will take action.... the matter was taken before the Supreme Court and there is evidence required," he said.
Malik termed the talks between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari as "fantastic" and said there was willingness on both side to enhance the relationship.
"Talks were fantastic. I think it will help a lot in improving the relationships. It was in a very cordial atmosphere. Both sides have shown willingness to improve relationship rather enhance relationship. We want friendly relations," he said.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Aishwarya, Aaradhya Look Like Real Life Princesses In This Recent Photo
- Champions Trophy 2017: India - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish