Not making 'Jaane Tu' sequel: Abbas Tyrewala
Post 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na', Tyrewala directed John Abraham starrer 'Jhoota Hi Sahi'.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Abbas Tyrewala has shot down rumours that he is making a sequel to his 2008 hit film 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na'.
"Umm...all those vaguely excited by the idea of a sequel to 'Jaane Tu...', as suggested in the press today - hey, please let me know if one is happening. I'd love to watch it as well. But I sure ain't making one," Tyrewala posted on his Facebook page.
"I guess its just a mild attack of cafeteria journalism... whilst practicing ventriloquism (I've been quoted giving random answers to questions I was never asked. Actually, I've an idea! Maybe Jai and Aditi (film's characters) could turn psychopathic, a la Natural Born Killers, and start shooting reporters too lazy to actually do things like 'reporting'," he added.
'Jaane Tu...', a light-hearted college romance, was Tyrewala's directorial debut and also the launch pad for Imran Khan. It featured Genelia D'Souza opposite Imran, and their crackling chemistry worked wonders for the movie.
Post 'Jaane Tu...', in 2010, Tyrewala directed John Abraham-starrer 'Jhoota Hi Sahi'. It tanked at the box office.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18