Not running a race with any director: Rajkumar Hirani
According to Rajkumar Hirani, there is no formula to make a successful film.
Mumbai: Rajkumar Hirani, director of successful films 'Munnabhai M.B.B.S.', 'Lage Raho Munna Bhai' and '3 Idiots', is not trying to outdo his contemporaries and says his endeavour is to tell good stories.
Currently, he is busy shooting 'P.K.', starring Aamir Khan and Anushka Sharma in the lead.
"I don't think any of us is running a race. I don't think I am running a race with any other director or his films... I don't think we are in a race at all," Hirani told reporters Saturday at the launch of a CD on positive thinking - 'Raageshwari Narrates Daily Affirmations by Louise Hay'.
"All of us are saying stories, which are completely different. If we say good stories, if it connects with audiences, all the films will work. So there is no race," he added.
According to Hirani, there is no formula to make a successful film.
"I don't think any of us can make a formula. If we could, then every film would work. So the best thing is not to worry about whether your film will work or not. Try and make what will work for you. So my effort is to try and tell a story that works for me, I connect with, and which I believe in," said the 50-year-old filmmaker.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?