Not running a race with any director: Rajkumar Hirani
According to Rajkumar Hirani, there is no formula to make a successful film.
Mumbai: Rajkumar Hirani, director of successful films 'Munnabhai M.B.B.S.', 'Lage Raho Munna Bhai' and '3 Idiots', is not trying to outdo his contemporaries and says his endeavour is to tell good stories.
Currently, he is busy shooting 'P.K.', starring Aamir Khan and Anushka Sharma in the lead.
"I don't think any of us is running a race. I don't think I am running a race with any other director or his films... I don't think we are in a race at all," Hirani told reporters Saturday at the launch of a CD on positive thinking - 'Raageshwari Narrates Daily Affirmations by Louise Hay'.
"All of us are saying stories, which are completely different. If we say good stories, if it connects with audiences, all the films will work. So there is no race," he added.
According to Hirani, there is no formula to make a successful film.
"I don't think any of us can make a formula. If we could, then every film would work. So the best thing is not to worry about whether your film will work or not. Try and make what will work for you. So my effort is to try and tell a story that works for me, I connect with, and which I believe in," said the 50-year-old filmmaker.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp