'Not trying to upset Dev sahab, Zeenat aunty'
'Dum Maro Dum' is set to release on 22nd April
New Delhi: Actor Abhishek Bachchan on Wednesday said that he had no intention of hurting Bollywood legends Dev Anand and Zeenat Aman, who have expressed unhappiness over the way the cult song from "Hare Rama Hare Krishna" has been used in the film Dum Maaro Dum.
"'Mit jaye gum' is not a remix, unfortunately it has been labelled as a remix. If you hear the song and its lyrics, it's only that we have taken the rife of 'Dum maaro dum' song, otherwise it is a totally different song," Abhishek Bachchan told reporters.
"Everyone here is a huge fan of original. We have immense respect and love for Dev sahab and Zeenat aunty and we are not in anyway trying to upset them. We have utmost respect for them.
"We are here to entertain people and not take on our seniors. We are too insignificant to try and compete with the legend like Dev sahab," he added.
The actor was here along with Rohan Sippy, Ramesh Sippy and Rana Daggubatti at the Hotel Taj Mansingh for the promotion of Dum Maaro Dum.
Ramesh, who has produced the film, said that it is the salutation to the song.
"We call it a salutation to that song. It is sourced from there. Other than that, there is no intention to try and outdo it or try to destroy it," he added.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Veteran Pitch Curator Daljit Singh Under Scanner After Second ICC Poor Rating
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly