Notorious thief 'Bunty Chor' brought to Thiruvananthapuram
'Bunty Chor' had recently broken into a house of an NRI and stolen a luxury SUV worth Rs 28 lakh in Kerala.
Thiruvananthapuram: Devinder Singh alias 'Bunty chor', who was arrested in Pune on Saturday, was on Monday brought to the city as he is wanted by Kerala Police in connection with a burglary at an NRI's house last week.
He was brought to Thiruvananthapuram from Mumbai by flight by a team of Kerala Police, which had rushed to Pune after his arrest from a hotel in that city.
After completing the legal formalities, investigators would grill him to ascertain all the details of the theft he committed in the city, after which he drove off in a luxury car he lifted from the house he broke into, police said.
They would also find out whether his visit to Kerala had any motives other than committing the burglary, they said.
Delhi-based Devinder was arrested from the hotel after a receptionist there recognised him from the CC camera images released by Kerala Police shortly after the burglary.
Devinder broke into the house of the NRI on January 21, breaking its high-tech security systems like intruder alarm. After lifting a laptop computer and some other costly gadgets, he decamped in the luxury car parked in the house.
The hidden camera installed in the house, however, got a clear image of the thief and police identified him as Devinder, as he is known as a skilled conman and had even appeared in a television reality show some time back.
A couple of days later, Devinder was spotted on the Tamil Nadu-Karnataka border, fuelling speculation of his arrest. He, however, gave the slip to police by abandoning the car he had stolen.
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- US has Now Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 1st ODI, Sharjah
- Hillary Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers from Pakistan