Novak Djokovic in injury scare at Hopman Cup
Novak Djokovic suffered an injury scare at the Hopman Cup when the world No.1 hurt his leg.
Perth: Novak Djokovic suffered an injury scare at the Hopman Cup on Monday when the world No.1 hurt his leg as fans pushed towards him while he signed autographs.
Djokovic had wrapped up a 6-3 6-4 victory over Italian Andreas Seppi when the incident happened. The Serb left his racquets and bag on the court and limped straight up the players tunnel to receive a medical assessment in the locker room.
Djokovic was unable to complete a television interview he had agreed to after his victory over Seppi. Djokovic only arrived here from Abu Dhabi late on Sunday and said he was troubled by jet lag.
"I felt this morning that I was dream-walking," he said. "I broke the ice after the first set and started to feel better."
Djokovic and Ana Ivanovic held an unassailable 2-0 in the tie against the Italian pairing of Seppi and Francesca Schiavone. Ivanovic had begun the day by beating Schiavone 6-0 6-4.
Djokovic is taking part in the round-robin teams event to be guaranteed at least three matches in his build-up to the Australian Open, which begins on January 14.
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Donald Trump Vows to Sue Sexual Misconduct Accusers
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District