Now, a free app to allow you control TV with your phone
The app allows you to change channels, pause, play and even set programmes you want to record.
London: A new iPhone app can allow you to change channels, pause, play and even set programmes you want to record. Owners can swipe on their phone's screen to change channels, and see the programming guide for the coming week with this new Sky+ app, the Daily Mail reported.
"People use their phones as a one-stop-shop to manage virtually every aspect of their lives - whether organising their diary, checking their bank balance or paying bills - so why not use it to control their TV too?" said Luke Bradley-Jones, Sky's Brand Director, TV Products.
"Having received great feedback about these features when we introduced them to the Sky+ app for iPad earlier this year, it s great to now be making them available on iPhone too, which is obviously the ideal size for use as a remote control," Bradley-Jones said.
The app also offers customers full access to their Sky+ planner through their iPhone, meaning that people can browse all their existing recordings on their set-top box, as well as set up and delete recordings on their planner - all without interrupting viewing on the main TV.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Edges Closer to Chinese Super League
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology