Now, a Telugu film on the Delhi gangrape
The Delhi gang-rape has inspired a Telugu director to recreate the horrific story in his film 'Nisha'.
Chennai: The Delhi gang-rape has inspired Telugu director Ramana Gaddam to recreate the horrific story in his forthcoming Telugu drama 'Nisha'. The idea, he says, is to send out a strong message to the government and public.
"I'm not trying to cash in on the sensitivity of this issue but bring to light a barbaric act that shook our nation. I want to send a strong message through my film that such acts can't be taken lightly and the perpetrators should be punished severely," Gaddam told IANS.
The film, though not based solely on the Delhi incident in which a 23-year-old was brutally gang-raped and who died, has other commercial elements to make it an interesting watch.
"Even though a small portion of the film will revolve around the incident, it is not entirely about it. We have added all elements to make it a typical commercial entertainer," Gaddam said.
'Nisha' is produced by J Dhanraj. Goldee, Sunny and Pranay Kumar have composed music.
The film, currently in post-production phase, stars Kiran Kumar, Ananya, Kalyan and Narsing in lead roles.
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Lata Mangeshkar Requests Fans to Donate for Soldiers on Her Birthday
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not Leaving The Kapil Sharma Show
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not to Float Political Party in Punjab