Now a toll-free number for complaint against food in trains
Concerned over increasing number of complaints against catering service in trains and stations, the Railway Minister announced a slew of measures.
New Delhi: If you have any grievance against the food served on trains, just dial 1800111321 to lodge your complaint. The toll-free number launched by railways is operational from 7 am to 10 pm throughout the week.
Concerned over increasing number of complaints against catering service in trains and stations, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Wednesday announced a slew of measures, including the toll-free number, to improve the quality of food for passengers. "Anyone can call the toll-free number and register his or her complaint and it will be addressed," said Bansal.
"The complaint can relate to anything including overcharging, less quantity or substandard quality. It will be addressed on real-time basis," he said. The number has been operational since January 18 and till date 26 complaints have been received.
Assuring the passengers of action against erring catering contractors, Bansal said mobile squads have been formed to keep a regular check on contractors in trains and stations and the toll-free number will be displayed in coaches and stations prominently to make passengers aware about the facility.
Admitting that the quality of curd served in trains is not good, Bansal said "we are finalising a policy to ensure that only curd prepared by reputed companies are served". Similarly, efforts are on to improve the menu in trains like Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan