Now, dial *99# from any handset for banking services
Checking your bank balances or placing a request for a cheque book has been made as simple and hassle-free.
Mumbai: Checking your bank balances or placing a request for a cheque book has been made as simple and hassle-free as dialing *99# from your mobile. Just dial *99# from your mobile of any make, every banking service, be it fund transfer or checking balances, comes at platter.
Formally rolled out by Finance Minister P Chidambaram last Saturday at the national banking conference in Pune as part of the government's financial inclusion programme, the service, one of the unique empowerment initiatives, is being facilitated by National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).
"The new initiative is the NPCI's way of making mobile banking more universal. Currently, we need a smartphone to download such applications, which an average mobile user does not have. So, we decided to provide the application even on a simple handset to reach out to a larger section of the society," said NPCI Managing Director and Chief Executive AP Hota.
Currently, the service is available on BSNL and MTNL network across 23 banks. Hota said that since there are 14 mobile operators, it would take some more time before it gains traction.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Not Approached for 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Hrithik Roshan
- Krushna Abhishek Wants Healthy Competition With Kapil Sharma
- Dear Krushna Abhishek, why are you sticking to Kapil Sharma's brand of humour we want to get rid of?
- All good things must come to an end
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18