Now, free X-ray facility available at UP government hospitals
<p>The Uttar Pradesh cabinet on Thursday approved a series of welfare and development measures, including free X-ray facilities at all government hospitals in the state, and an international airport at Kushinagar, a prominent Buddhist centre.</p>
The Uttar Pradesh cabinet on Thursday approved a series of welfare and development measures, including free X-ray facilities at all government hospitals in the state, and an international airport at Kushinagar, a prominent Buddhist centre.
Briefing reporters after the cabinet meeting, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said the state government of the Samajwadi Party (SP) had always espoused the cause of free treatment to the poor and needy.
"We have already implemented the scheme of free medicines to the poor, and now they will get the facility of free x-rays," he said.
The state cabinet, after being snubbed by private developers, has also decided to fund the ambitious eight-lane expressway between Agra and Lucknow.
The cabinet gave the green signal to the construction of an international airport at Kushinagar, to develop the region as an important Buddhist centre.
Kushinagar, about 335 km from state capital Lucknow, also sees a large number of international and domestic tourists.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Benched Wayne Rooney Happy to Celebrate League Cup Glory