Now, free X-ray facility available at UP government hospitals
<p>The Uttar Pradesh cabinet on Thursday approved a series of welfare and development measures, including free X-ray facilities at all government hospitals in the state, and an international airport at Kushinagar, a prominent Buddhist centre.</p>
The Uttar Pradesh cabinet on Thursday approved a series of welfare and development measures, including free X-ray facilities at all government hospitals in the state, and an international airport at Kushinagar, a prominent Buddhist centre.
Briefing reporters after the cabinet meeting, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said the state government of the Samajwadi Party (SP) had always espoused the cause of free treatment to the poor and needy.
"We have already implemented the scheme of free medicines to the poor, and now they will get the facility of free x-rays," he said.
The state cabinet, after being snubbed by private developers, has also decided to fund the ambitious eight-lane expressway between Agra and Lucknow.
The cabinet gave the green signal to the construction of an international airport at Kushinagar, to develop the region as an important Buddhist centre.
Kushinagar, about 335 km from state capital Lucknow, also sees a large number of international and domestic tourists.
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1