Now, Indian short films also MIFF-ed
CHENNAI: The 12th edition of the Mumbai International Film Festival, to be held from February 3-9 this year, will feature an exclu..
CHENNAI: The 12th edition of the Mumbai International Film Festival, to be held from February 3-9 this year, will feature an exclusive competition section for Indian documentary, short and animation films for the first time, acceding to demands of Indian filmmakers to have an award to promote this genre of films in the country. Sixty-one films from across the country will compete in the Indian category, while 40 films are competing in the international section.
In all, 791 entries were received in different categories - from micro animation films of 33 seconds to 200-min documentaries - of which 101 films have been chosen. MIFF is conducted at a budget of Rs 2.5 crore, with awards worth Rs 69 lakh, said Bankim, director general of Films Division, Government of India, and director of the festival. The Best Documentary, Best Fiction, and Best Animation Film in the Indian and International competitions will receive Rs 5 lakh each, while the runner-up will be awarded Rs 2.5 lakh. MIFF will commemorate the golden jubilee of the Film and Television Institute of India.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Modi combining best of Gandhi, Nehru to bring '3rd revolution' in India: Shimon Peres
- Israel will respond with "full force" if Syria attacks, says Peres
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18