Now, Indian short films also MIFF-ed
CHENNAI: The 12th edition of the Mumbai International Film Festival, to be held from February 3-9 this year, will feature an exclu..
CHENNAI: The 12th edition of the Mumbai International Film Festival, to be held from February 3-9 this year, will feature an exclusive competition section for Indian documentary, short and animation films for the first time, acceding to demands of Indian filmmakers to have an award to promote this genre of films in the country. Sixty-one films from across the country will compete in the Indian category, while 40 films are competing in the international section.
In all, 791 entries were received in different categories - from micro animation films of 33 seconds to 200-min documentaries - of which 101 films have been chosen. MIFF is conducted at a budget of Rs 2.5 crore, with awards worth Rs 69 lakh, said Bankim, director general of Films Division, Government of India, and director of the festival. The Best Documentary, Best Fiction, and Best Animation Film in the Indian and International competitions will receive Rs 5 lakh each, while the runner-up will be awarded Rs 2.5 lakh. MIFF will commemorate the golden jubilee of the Film and Television Institute of India.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right