Now, own a private island for $ 500,000
The picturesque Picnic Island off the coast of Tasmania, southeastern state of Australia, is on sale and is expected to fetch between $ 500,000 and $ 1 million.
Sydney: The picturesque Picnic Island off the coast of Tasmania, southeastern state of Australia, is on sale and is expected to fetch between $ 500,000 and $ 1 million.
It's true! Now you can own an island complete with penguins and other sea birds as your neighbours.
Bidding is open through expression of interest sought by a Queensland property developer who bought the island for $ 65,000 in 2005, The Sydney Morning Herald reported Tuesday.
The island's rugged sandstone rocks accommodate a large colony of little penguins and a nesting ground for short-tailed shearwaters. There are abalone, oysters and mussels, too.
The idyllic island - nestled in the shadow of Freycinet National Park's Hazard Range in the middle of the crystal blue waters of Coles Bay - has permits for a 10-person eco-lodge.
"You can't really value it as a normal block of land because it's so unique," said Paul Whytcross, from Roberts Real Estate in Coles Bay.
"If someone came along with a plan for a long-term lease to develop the eco-tourism side of things, that would be an option," Whytcross said.
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18