DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Now, Pay Traffic Fine Through Swipe Machine in Nashik
(Photo: Reuters/Traffic police on duty/Image for representation purpose.)
Nashik: In its bid to deal with the cash crunch due to demonetisation, Nashik traffic police have began collecting fine through swipe machines.
The move has been initiated by the police department in association with State Bank of India, which has provided the PoS (point of sale) or swipe machines for the purpose, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Vijay Patil said.
Initially, 12 busiest junctions across the city have been provided with swipe machines, which include Nashik Road railway station, MG Road, Old Centre bus station, Dwarka square, the official said, adding that more areas would be covered in the coming days.
Traffic cops have already started the use of swipe machines for the convenience of commuters since Monday. Patil said the step will also bring transparency into the system.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin