Now, Pay Traffic Fine Through Swipe Machine in Nashik
(Photo: Reuters/Traffic police on duty/Image for representation purpose.)
Nashik: In its bid to deal with the cash crunch due to demonetisation, Nashik traffic police have began collecting fine through swipe machines.
The move has been initiated by the police department in association with State Bank of India, which has provided the PoS (point of sale) or swipe machines for the purpose, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Vijay Patil said.
Initially, 12 busiest junctions across the city have been provided with swipe machines, which include Nashik Road railway station, MG Road, Old Centre bus station, Dwarka square, the official said, adding that more areas would be covered in the coming days.
Traffic cops have already started the use of swipe machines for the convenience of commuters since Monday. Patil said the step will also bring transparency into the system.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology