Now, Pay Traffic Fine Through Swipe Machine in Nashik
(Photo: Reuters/Traffic police on duty/Image for representation purpose.)
Nashik: In its bid to deal with the cash crunch due to demonetisation, Nashik traffic police have began collecting fine through swipe machines.
The move has been initiated by the police department in association with State Bank of India, which has provided the PoS (point of sale) or swipe machines for the purpose, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Vijay Patil said.
Initially, 12 busiest junctions across the city have been provided with swipe machines, which include Nashik Road railway station, MG Road, Old Centre bus station, Dwarka square, the official said, adding that more areas would be covered in the coming days.
Traffic cops have already started the use of swipe machines for the convenience of commuters since Monday. Patil said the step will also bring transparency into the system.
Recommended For You
- Sagarika Ghatge: Meet The Gorgeous, Talented Fiancee of Zaheer Khan
- Zaheer-Sagarika Perfect Match, Says Sachin Tendulkar
- Sonakshi Sinha-Armaan Malik Twitter Spat: Why This Debate Needs Attention
- Toyota Innova Touring Sport Edition to Launch in India on May 4, 2017
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It