Now, Pay Traffic Fine Through Swipe Machine in Nashik
(Photo: Reuters/Traffic police on duty/Image for representation purpose.)
Nashik: In its bid to deal with the cash crunch due to demonetisation, Nashik traffic police have began collecting fine through swipe machines.
The move has been initiated by the police department in association with State Bank of India, which has provided the PoS (point of sale) or swipe machines for the purpose, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Vijay Patil said.
Initially, 12 busiest junctions across the city have been provided with swipe machines, which include Nashik Road railway station, MG Road, Old Centre bus station, Dwarka square, the official said, adding that more areas would be covered in the coming days.
Traffic cops have already started the use of swipe machines for the convenience of commuters since Monday. Patil said the step will also bring transparency into the system.
Recommended For You
- My Book Is Not a Biography on Rajinikanth, Says Aishwarya Dhanush
- Alia-Sidharth Look Smitten as They Arrive For a Wedding Reception Together
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa Gets Evicted From The House
- Brazil's Tragic Chapecoense Draws in First Match Since Plane Crash
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More