Now Priyadarshan to act in a Malayalam movie
The film which is titled 'Kalimannu' is been directed by filmmaker Blessy.
Mumbai: Director Priyadarshan will be making his acting debut in an upcoming Malayalam film. The director who has directed almost 87 films in several Indian languages including Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu, will try his hands on acting now after being a director, producer and screenwriter.
"I am acting in a Malayalam film. It is an arty film and not a commercial one," Priyadarshan told PTI. The national award winning director will be seen in
Malayalam director Blessy's next film, which reportedly is titled 'Kalimannu'.
"I am playing a director's role. It is a cameo," he said.
Priyadarshan began his film career with Malayalam cinema and later ventured into other languages. He is best known for his comedy flicks, but has also tried his hand at action and thriller films.
When asked if it is easy being in front of the camera, Priyadarshan said, "In front of the camera I find it difficult. As far as the actors are concerned, it is easy for them to do it but not for me." Presently, the 56-year-old is looking forward to the release of his next Hindi directorial venture 'Rangrezz', a
remake of Tamil hit 'Naadodigal'. Releasing on March 21, 'Rangrezz' stars Jackky
Bhagnani and Southern actress Priya Anand in the lead.
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Akhilesh Briefs Governor on Political Crisis
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics