Now watch out for 'Bach Gaye Re Obama'
A day after Barack Obama's re-election as the US President, Indian film producer Ashok Pandey announced 'Bach Gaye Re Obama!'.
New Delhi: A day after Barack Obama's re-election as the US President, Indian film producer Ashok Pandey Thursday announced 'Bach Gaye Re Obama!', a sequel to the 2010 satire 'Phas Gaye Re Obama' (PGRO).
"PGRO had its roots in recession when Mr Obama was battling it. Now, with Mr Obama once again at the helm, it is a very apt time to make 'Bach Gaye Re Obama', the perfect sequel to PGRO where the story moves forward with an attempt to find a solution to recession," Pandey said in a statement.
PGRO narrated how the ripple effect of the recession-hit US was felt in rural India too. It received good reviews, Pandey believes 'Bach Gaye Re Obama' will be equally entertaining.
"If you liked PGRO you would love 'Bach Gaye Re Obama' too, as it promises to be a laugh riot," said Pandey. 'Bach Gaye Re Obama' is being slated to release in 2014. The producer plans to include actors from the original film as well as rope in other actors too, depending upon the final script.
Anshul Sharma, who was associate director of PGRO, will direct 'Bach Gaye Re Obama', while the story and screenplay is being written by Rupesh Thapliyal and Vijay Manral.
The film is being produced under the banner of Revel Films. The banner's second production "Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga" is in final stages of post production.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes