DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
NRI elected as Deputy Mayor of London Borough
Delhi-born Chopra is the first and only Indian-origin elected councillor in London Borough of Southwark Council.
London: An NRI in the UK has been elected as the Deputy Mayor of a London Borough. Councillor Sunil Chopra, has been elected as the Deputy Mayor of Southwark for 2013-14.
Delhi-born Chopra, General Secretary of the Indian Overseas Congress, London, is the first and only Indian-origin elected councillor in London Borough of Southwark Council, which has only 1.5 per cent Indian-origin people. Commenting on his election, Chopra said last night, "I feel really proud to be an Indian (British Citizen). It is not only a great honour for me and my family but for the whole Indian Community. I will keep working with the community."
Chopra, born and brought up in Delhi before moving to the UK was the first President of College of Vocational Studies in Delhi. During his University days he was Vice President of Youth Congress Delhi and was president of NSUI, Delhi.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Suresh Raina, Shikhar Dhawan Join Break The Beard Club