DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
NSG official's computer hacked
NSG says they have disconnected internet for now and software safety programmes are already installed.
New Delhi: A senior National Security Guard official's computer has been hacked into. Miscreants sent out a number of letters on behalf of Major General RS Pradhan who is in charge of operations to numerous people on Friday.
Senior officials alerted the Intelligence Bureau the moment they discovered the breach. The NSG's internal mail system has been suspended and an overhaul in the security system has been ordered.
Sources said that the hackers had struck NSG in the past but the latest attack is serious as a lot of confidential information has been circulated. The NSG's IT team is working to fix the problem.
NSG says they have disconnected internet for now and software safety programmes are already installed and will see how more protection can be given to the networking system.
A probe has been launched to identify the hackers though there is also suspicion that the attempt was made to deface the website by some foreign agency.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi