NSG officer under probe for talking to an anonymous Pak caller
The anonymous caller wanted operational details of the post Hyderabad blast probe.
New Delhi: Just 24 hours after a Home Ministry staff came under the radar for passing on sensitive information, there are more leads coming in. Now a senior officer of the National Security Guards has come under probe for speaking to an anonymous Pakistani caller.
The caller wanted operational details of the post Hyderabad blast probe. The officer facing probe is a Major rank Armyman on deputation to the NSG. NSG teams were sent to Hyderabad for post-blast site and explosives analysis.
The government has asked the officer to explain why he took an unidentified call from Pakistan. The Ministry of Home Affairs and the Intelligence Bureau are investigating the issue.
NSG officials claim that no sensitive information was shared by the officer with the Pakistani. Investigators say the identity of the caller from Pakistan is still to be established.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1