NTT Docomo to develop smartphone chips with Samsung
Docomo and Samsung will be joined by NEC Corp Panasonic Corp and Fujitsu Ltd in the venture.
Tokyo: NTT Docomo Inc, Japan's biggest mobile phone service operator, said Tuesday it will partner with South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co and other Japanese firms to develop chips for smartphones.
Docomo and Samsung will be joined by NEC Corp Panasonic Corp and Fujitsu Ltd in the venture. Docomo will invest $5.8 million to create a subsidiary in preparation for the start of the partnership, it said in a statement.
Fabricating chips will help the companies reduce their reliance on components supplied by Qualcomm Inc, which dominates the market for semiconductors used in smartphones.
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput