NTT Docomo to develop smartphone chips with Samsung
Docomo and Samsung will be joined by NEC Corp Panasonic Corp and Fujitsu Ltd in the venture.
Tokyo: NTT Docomo Inc, Japan's biggest mobile phone service operator, said Tuesday it will partner with South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co and other Japanese firms to develop chips for smartphones.
Docomo and Samsung will be joined by NEC Corp Panasonic Corp and Fujitsu Ltd in the venture. Docomo will invest $5.8 million to create a subsidiary in preparation for the start of the partnership, it said in a statement.
Fabricating chips will help the companies reduce their reliance on components supplied by Qualcomm Inc, which dominates the market for semiconductors used in smartphones.
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion