Aarushi-Hemraj case: Nupur set to leave jail after 5 months
Nupur Talwar, an accused in the double murder case, has been in judicial custody since April 30.
New Delhi: Murdered teenager Aarushi Talwar's mother Nupur is set to leave jail after five months on Tuesday. The Supreme Court had granted her bail a week ago in the double murder case of Aarushi and their domestic help Hemraj. Nupur and her husband Rajesh are accused of the twin murders. They've also been charged with destruction of evidence.
Nupur has been in judicial custody since April 30.
Nupur's lawyers argued that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) was dragging its feet in the case and it would take two years for the case to be decided.
The lawyers argued that important material and critical witnesses had been presented and questioned, so there was no chance of Talwars influencing any one.
Taking cognizance of the argument the apex court asked the CBI to finish all the key dispositions by September 25 and she be released.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents' Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj, who was initially accused of killing Aarushi by her parents, was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
A CBI court has charged the Talwars under sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201 (destruction of evidence with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). In addition to these, the court charged Rajesh Talwar under section 203 (giving false information in respect of an offence committed) of the IPC.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- Best of the best?Rannvijay or Prince? Who is The Best Roadie of All Time
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video