Delhi HC verdict on nursery admission age today
The minimum age criteria for children seeking nursery admissions in the national capital currently stands at 3 years.
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday is expected to take a decision on the minimum age criteria for children seeking nursery admissions in the national capital. It currently stands at 3 years. But the Ganguly committee had in 2007 proposed that the age limit be raised to 4.
According to the committee, children were emotionally, mentally and physically better equipped to start school at the age of 4. It would also reduce the pressure on parents as well as children.
However, the Delhi government had asked for an extension of the time limit to apply this age criteria, saying it would not be feasible to adopt such guidelines in a hurried manner.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right