Nvidia introduces world's fastest mobile processor Tegra 4
Tegra 4 is claimed to consume up to 45 per cent less power than its predecessor, Tegra 3.
New Delhi: Nvidia introduced Nvidia Tegra 4, which is claimed to be the world's fastest mobile processor. Tegra 4 is touted to offer exceptional graphics processing, with lightning-fast web browsing, stunning visuals and new camera capabilities through computational photography.
Previously codenamed "Wayne," Tegra 4 features 72 custom NVIDIA GeForce GPU cores - or six times the GPU horsepower of Tegra 3 - which is said to deliver more realistic gaming experiences and higher resolution displays.
Nvidia Tegra 4 includes the first quad-core application of ARM's most advanced CPU core, the Cortex-A15, which delivers 2.6x faster web browsing and breakthrough performance for apps.
Tegra 4 also enables worldwide 4G LTE voice and data support through an optional chipset, the fifth-generation NVIDIA Icera i500 processor. "Tegra 4 provides enormous processing power and efficiency to power smartphones and tablets, gaming devices, auto systems and PCs," said Phil Carmack, senior vice president of the Tegra business at NVIDIA. "Its new capabilities, particularly in the area of computational photography, will help improve a whole range of existing products and lead to the creation of exciting new ones."
Tegra 4 is claimed to consume up to 45 per cent less power than its predecessor, Tegra 3, in common use cases. It also enables up to 14 hours of HD video playback on phones.
Nvidia Tegra 4: Key Features
- GeForce GPU with 72 custom cores
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 CPU, plus a 2nd Generation Battery Saver Core
- Computational Photography Architecture
- LTE capability with optional Icera i500 chipset
- 4K ultra-high-def video support
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3