DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
NYC homeless man finds daughter through Twitter
The father-daughter duo united after 11 years.
New York: A New York City homeless man has been reunited with his daughter after 11 years, thanks to Twitter.
Daniel Morales was given a prepaid cell phone to create a Twitter account as part of a project on homeless people called Underheard in New York.
Three weeks into the project, the 58-year-old decided to use the social networking tool to find his 27-year-old daughter, Sarah Rivera.
The New York Daily News said on Wednesday that he posted his cell phone number, her name and a photo of her at age 16. She called him the next day. Their reunion was
yesterday recorded on WCBS-TV.
Morales said he was overjoyed. Rivera said social networking was amazing. Morales lives at a homeless shelter. His daughter lives in Brooklyn.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan