Obama administration condemns Syria crackdown
Washington calls on Syria's government to exercise restraint and respect the rights of its people.
Washington: The United States condemned on Thursday a "brutal" crackdown on demonstrators by Syria's government, the White House said.
"The United States strongly condemns the Syrian government's brutal repression of demonstrations, in particular the violence and killings of civilians at the hands of security forces," White House spokesman Jay Carney said in a statement.
He said those responsible for the violence must be held accountable and said Washington calls on Syria's government to exercise restraint and respect the rights of its people.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Calls Steve Smith 'Tubelight' and Virat Kohli 'Holder'
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Ajinkya Rahane Just Walked Out & Said I Will Dominate: KL Rahul
- Magneti Marelli CEO Pietro Gorlier Talks About the Future of AMT in India