Obama to hold Facebook town hall this month
Social media has been a popular means for Obama, particularly during his 2008 campaign.
Washington: US President Barack Obama intends to hold a town hall-style session on Facebook later this month during a trip to California.
Social media has been a popular means for Obama to communicate with supporters, particularly during his 2008 presidential campaign. The White House is eager to tap into the youthful audience that drives Facebook.
The Facebook session will be conducted April 20 from Facebook headquarters in Palo Alto, Calif. According to an announcement posted on the White House Facebook page, the session will include company CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg. It will be streamed live over the Internet.
The White House says Obama will conduct a discussion on the economy and the need to reduce the government's debt while still spending on innovation and other administration priorities.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology