DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Obama wishes 'speedy recovery' for ailing Mandela
White House spokesman Jay Carney says Obama, the first lady and everyone at the White House are concerned about Mandela's health.
Washington: President Barack Obama is wishing for a "speedy recovery" for ailing former South African President Nelson Mandela. The 94-year-old Mandela is currently in a Johannesburg hospital, receiving treatment for a recurring lung infection.
White House spokesman Jay Carney says Obama, the first lady and everyone at the White House are concerned about Mandela's health. Carney says they all wish Mandela a "speedy recovery."
Obama and first lady Michelle Obama are scheduled to depart at the end of June on a three-country trip to Africa, including a visit to South Africa. Other stops are scheduled for Senegal and Tanzania. Obama and Mandela met when Obama was a US senator. Michelle Obama met Mandela when she travelled to South Africa on her own in 2011.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong