Obama wishes 'speedy recovery' for ailing Mandela
White House spokesman Jay Carney says Obama, the first lady and everyone at the White House are concerned about Mandela's health.
Washington: President Barack Obama is wishing for a "speedy recovery" for ailing former South African President Nelson Mandela. The 94-year-old Mandela is currently in a Johannesburg hospital, receiving treatment for a recurring lung infection.
White House spokesman Jay Carney says Obama, the first lady and everyone at the White House are concerned about Mandela's health. Carney says they all wish Mandela a "speedy recovery."
Obama and first lady Michelle Obama are scheduled to depart at the end of June on a three-country trip to Africa, including a visit to South Africa. Other stops are scheduled for Senegal and Tanzania. Obama and Mandela met when Obama was a US senator. Michelle Obama met Mandela when she travelled to South Africa on her own in 2011.
Recommended For You
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology