Obama's uncle is an illegal immigrant: Official
The 67-year-old Onyango Obama is the half-brother of the president's late father.
Boston: A federal official says President Barack Obama's uncle, an illegal immigrant charged with drunken driving in Massachusetts last week, was ordered by an immigration judge to leave the country almost two decades ago.
The official says a deportation order was issued against Onyango Obama in 1992.
The official spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to release details on the case.
The 67-year-old Onyango Obama is the half-brother of the president's late father. He is originally from Kenya.
Onyango Obama has pleaded not guilty to operating under the influence of alcohol and is now jailed on an immigration detainer.
His attorney declined to comment on his case or how long the uncle has been living in the US illegally.
The White House also has declined to comment.
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- Opposition backs government over counter attack against Pakistan