Obama's uncle out of US jail, whereabouts unclear
Onyango Obama was detained by federal immigration officials for allegedly violating an order to return to Kenya.
Boston: Officials say President Barack Obama's uncle has been released from a Massachusetts jail two weeks after being arrested on a drunk driving charge.
Onyango Obama was detained by federal immigration officials for allegedly violating an order to return to Kenya. Federal officials would not say why he was released on Thursday or where he went.
People who live in the same Framingham home as him and workers at a liquor store where he was a valued employee tell The Boston Globe they don't know where Obama is. His lawyers were unavailable for comment.
Onyango Obama is the half-brother of the president's father. Federal officials have said he was ordered to leave the US nearly two decades ago. He was arrested in Framingham on August 24 on the drunk driving count.
Recommended For You
- Sheer Hardwork That Brought Dravid Close to Tendulkar, Says Laxman
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'