Obama's uncle out of US jail, whereabouts unclear
Onyango Obama was detained by federal immigration officials for allegedly violating an order to return to Kenya.
Boston: Officials say President Barack Obama's uncle has been released from a Massachusetts jail two weeks after being arrested on a drunk driving charge.
Onyango Obama was detained by federal immigration officials for allegedly violating an order to return to Kenya. Federal officials would not say why he was released on Thursday or where he went.
People who live in the same Framingham home as him and workers at a liquor store where he was a valued employee tell The Boston Globe they don't know where Obama is. His lawyers were unavailable for comment.
Onyango Obama is the half-brother of the president's father. Federal officials have said he was ordered to leave the US nearly two decades ago. He was arrested in Framingham on August 24 on the drunk driving count.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Has India Changed The Rules Of Engagement With Pakistan On The LoC ?
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Nitish Kumar congratulates PM Modi, Indian Army for surgical strike across LoC - Pradesh18