Gujarat riots: Verdict in Ode killings today
This is the third case of the 2002 riots at Ode village being probed by the Supreme Court appointed Special Investigation Team.
New Delhi: The verdict in the 2002 post-riot Ode killings will be declared on Friday. Three persons including two women were killed at Ode village in Anand a decade ago.
This is the third case of the 2002 riots at Ode village being probed by the Supreme Court appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT). Forty-one people are undergoing trial in the case.
According to details of this case, during communal violence that broke out in Ode village of Anand after the Godhra train burning incident on February 27, 2002, three persons including two women were burnt to death by a mob in Malav Bhagol area of the village.
But the FIR in the matter was registered on March 5, after some of the victims reported the incident while in relief camp. Based on the FIR initially 43 persons were arrested, out of which two fled out of India, while four others jumped bail and are still absconding.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- CPI (M), CPI Back Vigilance Director Jacob Thomas in Kerala
- FIFA WC Qualifiers: Saudi Arabia, Iran Go Top After Australia Draw With Japan
- Court Puts Top Cops Under Probe in Kerala Bar Scam Case
- Hafeez Ruled Out of Limited-Over Series Against West Indies
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Dangal Trailer: Aamir Khan's Film Is All Set to Challenge Gender Stereotypes
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan