Odisha: 2 detained for gangraping 32-year-old Dalit woman
According to the FIR filed by the woman, her 10-year-old girl, who was a witness to the crime, could not be traced.
Kendrapara: A 32-year-old Dalit woman and mother of four, was allegedly gangraped in a remote village in Kendrapara district. Police has detained two accused involved in the crime committed on March 19 at Ghodadanda village in Patkura area, after the woman lodged an FIR on Wednesday night.
The woman and her family, were tenant farmers and were staying in a thatched house provided by the landowner, who was named as one of the accused, Kendrapara Superintendent of Police Sarthak Sadangi said. According to the complainant, the landowner had recently driven out the couple and their family from the house over some dispute and later ransacked the mud house built by the duo, after they were ousted.
The SP said that the couple's 10-year-old girl, who was the eye-witness to the crime according to the FIR, could not be traced. Cases have been registered against the two accused on the basis of woman's complaint under sections 450, 341, 323, 324, 427, 506, 376 (2)-(g) and section-3 Prevention of Atrocity Against Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes Act.
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti