Odisha: 24-year-old woman gangraped, ornaments looted
The woman was offered a lift in an SUV by one of the culprits and taken to a nearby forest where she was gangraped.
Jajpur: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped and her gold ornaments looted by three youths after they forcibly took her to a forest in Keonjhar district of Odisha, police said on Friday. The three were arrested on Thursday from their villages in Keonjhar district in connection with the incident that took place on Tuesday.
The married woman from Cuttack, who had gone to her younger sister's house in Jajpur district, was waiting for a bus to return to the town at Solei Chhak when one of the accused Subha alias Papu offered her a lift in his SUV, police said.
The woman was then taken to a forest at Ghatagaon in neighbouring Keonjhar district where she was allegedly sexually assaulted by Papu, Manas Das and Sujit Ghadei. She was robbed of her gold ornaments and mobile phone and left unconscious.
When she regained consciousness, she took a bus home from Ghatagaon-Anadapur road and later lodged a complaint at the Jajpur Road police station on Wednesday. IIC of Jajpur Road police station Aswini Kumar Sahu said all the accused were held and the woman's ornaments and mobile phone recovered.
The result of a medical examination of both the aggrieved and the accused are awaited, he said.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack