Odisha abduction: Italian envoy thanks Naveen Patnaik
Italian Ambassador Giacomo Sanfelice di Monteforte on Thursday thanked Odisha government for its efforts to resolve the hostage crisis.
Bhubaneswar: Italian Ambassador Giacomo Sanfelice di Monteforte on Thursday thanked Odisha government for its efforts to resolve the hostage crisis.
"I thank the chief minister for the support granted so far and liberation of Claudio Colangelo. I told him how this case of abduction of Paolo Bosusco is closely followed in Italy," Monteforte told reporters after meeting Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
The ambassador said he also informed Patnaik about the anxiety of Bosusco's family and friends, Italian administration and the foreign ministry over the issue.
"I also reiterated the anxiety of Bosusco's family and how eager they are to see that he is released soon, safe and unharmed," he said.
Monteforte said the chief minister had informed him about the developments over the negotiations.
Bosusco (54) was abducted along with Colangelo (61) by Maoists on March 14 in Kandhamal district. While Colangelo was freed on March 25, Bosusco continues to be in the captivity.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
- Cycle to Motorcycle? How Ram Gopal Yadav's Trip to EC Created a Stir
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District