Odisha abduction: Italian envoy thanks Naveen Patnaik
Italian Ambassador Giacomo Sanfelice di Monteforte on Thursday thanked Odisha government for its efforts to resolve the hostage crisis.
Bhubaneswar: Italian Ambassador Giacomo Sanfelice di Monteforte on Thursday thanked Odisha government for its efforts to resolve the hostage crisis.
"I thank the chief minister for the support granted so far and liberation of Claudio Colangelo. I told him how this case of abduction of Paolo Bosusco is closely followed in Italy," Monteforte told reporters after meeting Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
The ambassador said he also informed Patnaik about the anxiety of Bosusco's family and friends, Italian administration and the foreign ministry over the issue.
"I also reiterated the anxiety of Bosusco's family and how eager they are to see that he is released soon, safe and unharmed," he said.
Monteforte said the chief minister had informed him about the developments over the negotiations.
Bosusco (54) was abducted along with Colangelo (61) by Maoists on March 14 in Kandhamal district. While Colangelo was freed on March 25, Bosusco continues to be in the captivity.
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for it's Brilliant Execution
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- India's 'Eyes in the Skies' Gave Images for Surgical Strikes
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu