DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Odisha abduction: Italian envoy thanks Naveen Patnaik
Italian Ambassador Giacomo Sanfelice di Monteforte on Thursday thanked Odisha government for its efforts to resolve the hostage crisis.
Bhubaneswar: Italian Ambassador Giacomo Sanfelice di Monteforte on Thursday thanked Odisha government for its efforts to resolve the hostage crisis.
"I thank the chief minister for the support granted so far and liberation of Claudio Colangelo. I told him how this case of abduction of Paolo Bosusco is closely followed in Italy," Monteforte told reporters after meeting Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
The ambassador said he also informed Patnaik about the anxiety of Bosusco's family and friends, Italian administration and the foreign ministry over the issue.
"I also reiterated the anxiety of Bosusco's family and how eager they are to see that he is released soon, safe and unharmed," he said.
Monteforte said the chief minister had informed him about the developments over the negotiations.
Bosusco (54) was abducted along with Colangelo (61) by Maoists on March 14 in Kandhamal district. While Colangelo was freed on March 25, Bosusco continues to be in the captivity.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh