Odisha confirms 93 new dengue cases
Of the new cases, maximum 27 tested positive for the virus in Khordha district, followed by 20 from adjoining Cuttack.
Bhubaneswar: At least 93 new dengue cases were reported Tuesday in Odisha, taking the total number of affected people to 2,593 since June, an official said.
The menace shows no signs of abetting with government hospitals in many parts of the state receiving scores of patients every day, a state health control room official told IANS.
Of the new cases, maximum 27 tested positive for the virus in Khordha district, followed by 20 from adjoining Cuttack, he said.
As many as 156 and 28 patients are undergoing treatment at Cuttack's Sriram Chandra Bhanja Medical College and Hospital, 26 km from here, and Bhubaneswar`s Capital Hospital, respectively. Of them, 51 were hospitalised Tuesday, he said.
The mosquito-borne disease has spread to 26 of the state's 30 districts.
Recommended For You
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner