Odisha Congress leaders meet Prime Minister for funds
According to Patnaik, per capita income of Odisha is almost half of national per capita level and one-fifth of per capita income of Delhi.
New Delhi: Expressing concern over the misuse of central funds in Odisha, a delegation led by state Congress president Niranjan Patnaik met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to seek a need-based financial package for the state, party leaders said in Delhi on Saturday.
"The prime minister has said that there is no discrimination whatsoever with Odisha as is being claimed by the state government, and under the revised guidelines of backwardness, the state would get its due share," Patnaik said. The delegation had met Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Friday and urged him to "institute a high-level inquiry" into misuse of central funds.
According to Patnaik, the per capita income of Odisha is almost half of the national per capita level and one-fifth of the per capita income of New Delhi.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?