Odisha: False promise of marriage lands man behind bars
Pratap Bisoi of Kelapada village was arrested on Friday on charge of betraying the woman, who is now pregnant.
Berhampur: False promise of marriage to a woman has landed a man behind bars in Odisha's Kandhamal district, police said in Odisha on Saturday. Pratap Bisoi of Kelapada village was arrested on Friday on charge of betraying the woman, who is now pregnant, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Phulbani, Govind Sethi said.
The accused was produced before the court and the woman sent for medical examination, he said, adding the medical report was awaited. In another such incident, family members of a victim, who was allegedly cheated by a youth at Golanthara near here had staged a dharna in front of the Mahila police station demanding action against the culprit.
However, they withdrew the agitation after being assured that the matter would be looked into, police said. The 21-year-old victim in her complaint had alleged that the accused had physical relation with her for the last five years on the promise of marrying her.
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Not Approached for 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Hrithik Roshan
- Krushna Abhishek Wants Healthy Competition With Kapil Sharma
- India Launched Surgical Strikes Across LoC, Heavy Casualties Inflicted: DGMO
- Four Member Countries Boycott SAARC Summit In Islamabad
- PM To Review Pakistan's Most Favoured Nation Status Today
- Pakistan Troops Fire at Indian positions on LoC in Poonch