Odisha: False promise of marriage lands man behind bars
Pratap Bisoi of Kelapada village was arrested on Friday on charge of betraying the woman, who is now pregnant.
Berhampur: False promise of marriage to a woman has landed a man behind bars in Odisha's Kandhamal district, police said in Odisha on Saturday. Pratap Bisoi of Kelapada village was arrested on Friday on charge of betraying the woman, who is now pregnant, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Phulbani, Govind Sethi said.
The accused was produced before the court and the woman sent for medical examination, he said, adding the medical report was awaited. In another such incident, family members of a victim, who was allegedly cheated by a youth at Golanthara near here had staged a dharna in front of the Mahila police station demanding action against the culprit.
However, they withdrew the agitation after being assured that the matter would be looked into, police said. The 21-year-old victim in her complaint had alleged that the accused had physical relation with her for the last five years on the promise of marrying her.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest