Odisha: Girl admitted to hospital only after dharna outside CM's home
After running from one hospital to another, parents of an 11-year-old girl with burn injuries staged a dharna in front of Patnaik's home.
Cuttack: After running from one hospital to another, parents of an 11-year-old girl with burn injuries staged a dharna in front of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's residence in Cuttack. The incident took place on Friday when the parents of the child were unable to admit their daughter to a hospital.
The child was later admitted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital here with over 50 per cent burn injuries almost 14 hours after a fire broke out at their home in Pipili, officials said. Health Minister Damodar Rout on Saturday warned of stringent action against government doctors who refused treatment to the child.
Tarannum, daughter of SK Jabahar, was first taken to the local hospital, which referred her to Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar. The Capital Hospital in turn, referred her to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack.
When the family brought her to the Cuttack hospital, doctors referred the Class VI student to Sishu Bhawan saying she required paediatric care. Faced with this situation, the family thought of admitting her to a private hospital but the thought of high treatment expenses scared them, they said.
The family then gathered courage and staged a dharna in front the chief minister's house. Tarannum was admitted to the SCB Medical College here with the help of Patnaik's security personnel. She is being provided with medicines and other facilities free. "The hospital is providing her all medicines. Other facilities like clinical examination are being done free of cost," surgery department head Dr PK Debta said.
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Can Xiaomi Redo its âMi Band Magicâ For Air Purifiers in India?