Odisha: Girl sets self on fire after mother denies money for picnic
<p>A 15-year-old girl in Bhadrak district of Odisha poured kerosene and set herself on fire after being denied money for picnic by her mother, the police said on Thursday.</p>
A 15-year-old girl in Bhadrak district of Odisha poured kerosene and set herself on fire after being denied money for picnic by her mother, the police said on Thursday.
The girl with 90 per cent burns is in a critical condition in a hospital. The incident took place on Wednesday at Basudevpur village, about 170 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
The village girl, a student of Class 10, wanted to go on a picnic with other students and asked her mother for Rs.500, a police officer told IANS.
When her mother refused to, she got angry and set herself ablaze with kerosene.
The girl was rushed to a hospital for treatment. She sustained about 90 per cent burn injuries. Her parents are daily-wage earners, the police officer said.
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes