DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Odisha: Girl sets self on fire after mother denies money for picnic
<p>A 15-year-old girl in Bhadrak district of Odisha poured kerosene and set herself on fire after being denied money for picnic by her mother, the police said on Thursday.</p>
A 15-year-old girl in Bhadrak district of Odisha poured kerosene and set herself on fire after being denied money for picnic by her mother, the police said on Thursday.
The girl with 90 per cent burns is in a critical condition in a hospital. The incident took place on Wednesday at Basudevpur village, about 170 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
The village girl, a student of Class 10, wanted to go on a picnic with other students and asked her mother for Rs.500, a police officer told IANS.
When her mother refused to, she got angry and set herself ablaze with kerosene.
The girl was rushed to a hospital for treatment. She sustained about 90 per cent burn injuries. Her parents are daily-wage earners, the police officer said.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Did Priyanka Chopra Just Talk About Her Relationship With Shah Rukh Khan?
- Opinion – Which 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire Variant Should You Buy?
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan