Odisha: Man accused of raping 8-year-old girl absconding
Police said the 45-year-old man, father of three daughters, allegedly took the girl to an isolated place and raped her.
Berhampur: An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a middle-aged man in Odisha's Ganjam district, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place on Monday at Dhepapentha village in Nuagaon area when the girl, a student of class-III, was playing in the school premises after her classes were over, they said.
The 45-year-old man, father of three daughters, allegedly took her to an isolated place and raped her, police said. Later the girl told her mother about the incident following which she lodged a police complaint.
The accused is absconding, police said.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- India's oil imports from Saudi Arabia and Iraq hit the highest in more than a decade
- Saudi Arabia to raise petrol prices by up to 40 per cent
- Oil prices dip as Iran nuclear deal opens up potential for gradual export hike
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18