Odisha: Man arrested for attempting to kill infant son
Police said preliminary investigation suggested that frequent quarrel between the accused and his wife was the cause of the incident.
Berhampur: A man was arrested for allegedly attempting to kill his six-month-old son by slitting his throat with a blade at Sorada in Odisha's Ganjam district, police said on Monday.
Sitaram Sethi allegedly committed the offence in a fit of rage following a quarrel with his wife at their house in Sorada on Saturday, said officer-in-charge of local police outpost BK Sahu said.
The baby was first admitted to Balipadar hospital and then shifted to the sub divisional hospital at Bhanjanagar and MKCG Medical College and Hospital in Berhampur.
The condition of the baby was stated to be stable, medical sources said. Police said preliminary investigation suggested that frequent quarrel between the accused and his wife was the cause of the incident.
Sitaram who was virtually not doing any work, was depending on the income of his wife. His wife maintained the family with the income as a daily labourer.
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together, Says PM Modi
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack
- Kareena Kapoor is Setting Trends During Pregnancy: Soha Ali Khan
- McLaren Refutes Acquisition Talks With Apple