DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Odisha: Man arrested for attempting to kill infant son
Police said preliminary investigation suggested that frequent quarrel between the accused and his wife was the cause of the incident.
Berhampur: A man was arrested for allegedly attempting to kill his six-month-old son by slitting his throat with a blade at Sorada in Odisha's Ganjam district, police said on Monday.
Sitaram Sethi allegedly committed the offence in a fit of rage following a quarrel with his wife at their house in Sorada on Saturday, said officer-in-charge of local police outpost BK Sahu said.
The baby was first admitted to Balipadar hospital and then shifted to the sub divisional hospital at Bhanjanagar and MKCG Medical College and Hospital in Berhampur.
The condition of the baby was stated to be stable, medical sources said. Police said preliminary investigation suggested that frequent quarrel between the accused and his wife was the cause of the incident.
Sitaram who was virtually not doing any work, was depending on the income of his wife. His wife maintained the family with the income as a daily labourer.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017