Odisha: Man arrested for attempting to kill infant son
Police said preliminary investigation suggested that frequent quarrel between the accused and his wife was the cause of the incident.
Berhampur: A man was arrested for allegedly attempting to kill his six-month-old son by slitting his throat with a blade at Sorada in Odisha's Ganjam district, police said on Monday.
Sitaram Sethi allegedly committed the offence in a fit of rage following a quarrel with his wife at their house in Sorada on Saturday, said officer-in-charge of local police outpost BK Sahu said.
The baby was first admitted to Balipadar hospital and then shifted to the sub divisional hospital at Bhanjanagar and MKCG Medical College and Hospital in Berhampur.
The condition of the baby was stated to be stable, medical sources said. Police said preliminary investigation suggested that frequent quarrel between the accused and his wife was the cause of the incident.
Sitaram who was virtually not doing any work, was depending on the income of his wife. His wife maintained the family with the income as a daily labourer.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1