DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Odisha: Maoists kill sarpanch in Malkangiri district
Bhagban Krisani's body was found with his throat slit along a forest road on the outskirt of his village.
Malkangiri: A village head was killed by Maoists in Odisha's Malkangiri district on the suspicion of being a police informer, police said on Wednesday. A group of about 25 ultras struck at the house of Bhagban Krisani, sarpanch of Kurmanur panchayat, late Tuesday night and asked him to accompany them, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
Krisani's body was found with his throat slit along a forest road on the outskirt of the village on Wednesday morning, he said. The sarpanch was called by the Maoists on the plea of a meeting.
Combing operation and patrolling by security forces were stepped up in the area in the aftermath of the incident, they said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet