Odisha: Visually impaired minor raped, murdered
Women workers of BJP, Congress and Samata Kranti Dal set up a blockade near Sri Ram Temple in Bhubaneswar demanding action against the rapist.
Puri: A 13-year-old visually impaired girl on Wednesday was brutally raped and murdered in a forest near Puri district. The accused, Banamali Barik, a driver, has been arrested. The horrific crime has led to protests by opposition political parties and several people in Bhubaneswar.
Physically challenged persons along with women workers of BJP, Congress and Samata Kranti Dal set up a blockade near Sri Ram Temple in Bhubaneswar demanding action against the rapist.
A team of Odisha's State Commission for Women on Sunday visited the spot at Beladala village in Puri district. The team visited the area of the crime and and met family members of the victim.
A fact-finding team of the state unit of the Samajwadi Party led by its president Rabi Behera also visited the village on the Puri-Konark Marine Drive road. The father of the victim, who spoke on condition of anonymity, demanded capital punishment for the killing of his daughter.
The victim is a student of Bhima Bhoi Blind School in Bhubaneswar.
(With Additional Information From PTI)
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right