Odisha: Missing student brought in 'dead' to hospital
Mihir Naik, a third year BTech student of a private engineering college, was reported missing since Thursday night.
Odisha: The death of an engineering college student, who was 'received dead' by a private hospital in Cuttak, has sparked a controversy as family members of the deceased allege that it was a pre-planned murder. Mihir Naik, a third year BTech student of a Bhubaneswar-based private engineering college was reported missing since Thursday night.
But on Friday night, a group of youths brought him to a hospital located in Chahata area of the city saying Mihir was lying unconscious on the road after an accident. The youths, however, quickly left the hospital as soon as the doctors declared that Mihir was 'received dead', said a relative of the deceased who rushed here from his native village in Kendrapada district.
"I got a call from an unknown number informing me that my brother has met with an accident and was undergoing treatment in a Cuttack hospital. But when I came here I was told my brother is no more," said Mihir's younger brother.
The student's parents now allege that it was a pre-planned murder and have approached the police. The Bidanasi police of the city have begun investigation into the incident after registering a case, police said.
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Cyrus Mistryâs Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Reduced to a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow